Terms of Service
Currency Date: August, 2023
2. The Website is owned and operated by Universal Soul Service. The material contained on the Website including, without limitation, text, images, graphics, videos, sound, photographs, software, trademarks, logos, business names and all other material (collectively the "Content"), is protected by intellectual property laws. You may not alter, broadcast, copy, create derivative works, distribute, download, license, manipulate, modify, reproduce, republish, sell, post, publicly display, transmit or upload or otherwise exploit the Content in whole or in part, in any manner, without the prior written consent of Universal Soul Service.
3. If you send submissions, ideas, testimonials, suggestions, proposals, comments, plans, or other materials with or without a request from us, whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise (collectively, “Comments”), you agree that we may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use the Comments in any medium, for any purpose including but not limited to commercial purposes. Comments are the sole property of Universal Soul Service, and we are and shall be under no obligation (a) to maintain any Comments or your association therewith in confidence; (b) to pay compensation for any Comments; or (c) to respond to any Comments.
Content Provided "As Is"
4. The Website and Content are provided "As Is" for general information and personal use only. All Content is for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon for any other purpose. The Website does not, and does not purport to, provide medical, financial, legal or other professional advice or claims and you should consult your own medical, financial, legal and other professional advisors for any such advice.
5. The products or services available on the Website may have limited qualities and Universal Soul Service makes no guarantee of availability. Universal Soul Service reserves the right to discontinue the sale of any product listed on this Website at any time without notice. The products and services are subject to return or exchange only according to sections 27 through 35 of these Terms and Conditions.
6. We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us, including on the basis of orders which in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made.
7. By submitting your order on the Website (i) an authorization for your transaction will be placed and maintained on the credit or debit card you provided to Universal Soul Service (the “Card”) and upon completion of your transaction, the total transaction amount will be settled against the authorization in accordance with your banking institution’s policies, and (ii) you authorize Universal Soul Service to charge the Card all amounts owed under the transaction, including deposits, if any. You further authorize Universal Soul to re-initiate any charge on your Card that is dishonoured for any reason.
User Rights and Restrictions
Accounts and Login
9. To access and use certain features and services of the Website you must have a valid account, username, and password (collectively "Codes") acceptable to Universal Soul. Accounts and Codes are personal and may not be shared.
11. Universal Soul is not under any obligation to verify the identity or authority of any person using your account or Codes. Universal Soul may act upon any communication that is given through your account or by using your Codes.
12. Universal Soul may in its sole and unfettered discretion at any time require proof of the identity of any person seeking to access and use the Website and may deny access to and use of the Website or parts of it or refuse to accept or act upon any communication if Universal Soul is not satisfied with the proof. Universal Soul may in its discretion cancel or suspend your account or change your Codes at any time without any notice or liability to you or any other person.
14. Universal Soul may host message boards, chats and other public forums (collectively, “Forums”) on the Website. You may participate in those Forums at your own risk and discretion, and subject to the following:
a. Universal Soul or its designated agents may remove or alter any user-created content at any time for any reason in our sole and unfettered discretion.
b. Universal Soul expressly disclaims all responsibility and endorsement and makes no representation as to the validity of any opinion, advice, information or statement made or displayed in the Forums by third parties, nor are we responsible for any errors or omissions in such postings, or for hyperlinks embedded in any messages.
c. Under no circumstances will Universal Soul, our affiliates, suppliers or agents be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on information obtained through the Forums.
d. The opinions expressed in the Forums are solely the opinions of the participants, and do not reflect the opinions of Universal Soul or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates.
e. Universal Soul may, but has no obligation whatsoever to monitor any of the content or postings on the Forums.
f. Universal Soul reserve the right to alter, edit, refuse to post or remove any postings or content, in whole or in part, for any reason and to disclose such materials and the circumstances surrounding their transmission to any third party in order to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request and to protect ourselves, our clients, sponsors, users and visitors.
15. The Website contains links to other websites. Universal Soul is not responsible for the content of any third-party websites. The inclusion of any link to another website does not imply Universal Soul's endorsement of that website or the content therein. Universal Soul is not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Universal Soul encourages you to carefully review the third-party's policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products are to be directed to the third-party.
No Representations or Warranties
16. Universal Soul does not make, and hereby expressly disclaims, representations or warranties regarding the Content, whether express or implied including without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of intellectual property. Universal Soul does not warrant that the Website or the Content will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Website or the server through which it is available, are free of viruses or other harmful components. Universal Soul does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use of or the result of the use of, the Website or of the Content.
17. We are not responsible if the Content is not accurate, complete or current. The Content is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information, and we encourage you to consult such sources. Any reliance on the Content is at your own risk.
18. The Website may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the Content and the Website at any time, but we have no obligation to do so. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to the Content and the Website.
19. Certain components of the products or services may be provided by third parties and may be subject to separate terms and conditions. You must agree and comply with those terms and conditions before accessing or using such third-party products or services. We may modify, remove, or replace, such third-party products or services or components from time to time.
20. THE WEBSITE, AND THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND CONTENT PROVIDED THROUGH THE WEBSITE, ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS", "AS AVAILABLE" AND "WITH ALL FAULTS" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, OR GUARANTEES OF ANY NATURE OR KIND WHATSOEVER, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, OR ARISING FROM CUSTOM OR TRADE USAGE OR BY ANY COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, INCLUDING ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, OR GUARANTEES OF OR RELATING TO ACCURACY, ACCESSIBILITY, AVAILABILITY, COMPLETENESS, DURABILITY, ERRORS, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, LACK OF VIRUSES OR OTHER DISABLING OR HARMFUL CODE, PERFORMANCE, QUALITY, RESULTS, SUITABILITY, SECURITY, TIMELINESS, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, UNINTERRUPTED SERVICE, OR WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, ALL OF WHICH ARE HEREBY WAIVED BY YOU AND DISCLAIMED BY UNIVERSAL SOUL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE AND LIABLE FOR THE SELECTION AND USE OF THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND CONTENT PROVIDED THROUGH THE WEBSITE.
21. UNIVERSAL SOUL SERVICE CORP. DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE WEBSITE, OR THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR CONTENT PROVIDED THROUGH THE WEBSITE, WILL BE ERROR-FREE, UNINTERRUPTED, OR SECURE, THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, OR THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR CONTENT PROVIDED THROUGH THE WEBSITE, WILL PRODUCE SPECIFIC RESULTS. YOU USE THE WEBSITE, AND THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND CONTENT PROVIDED THROUGH THE WEBSITE, AT YOUR OWN RISK. EXCEPT AS SET FORTH IN THE RETURN & EXCHANGE TERMS, IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE WEBSITE, OR THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR CONTENT PROVIDED THROUGH THE WEBSITE, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO CEASE USING THE WEBSITE, AND THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND CONTENT PROVIDED THROUGH THE WEBSITE.
22. THE WEBSITE AND CONTENT DO NOT CONTAIN MEDICAL ADVICE OR MEDICAL SERVICES. ALL CONTENT, INCLUDING TAO CALLIGRAPHY HEALING FIELD BLESSINGS, TAO SONG BLESSINGS, OR BLESSINGS INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS SITE ARE FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. IT IS NOT INTENDED, AND SHOULD NOT BE USED, AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR THE DIAGNOSIS, TREATMENT AND ADVICE OF A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL. ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL REGARDING ANY MEDICAL CONDITION AND BEFORE RECEIVING ANY DIVINE SOUL HEALING OR BLESSING. ADVANCE CONSULTATION WITH YOUR PHYSICIAN IS PARTICULARLY IMPORTANT IF YOU ARE PREGNANT, NURSING OR HAVE HEALTH PROBLEMS, OR ARE REQUESTING THIS SERVICE ON BEHALF OF A MINOR. THE CONTENT AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE BY YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE THAT UNIVERSAL SOUL AND ITS AFFILIATES AND AGENTS ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENCE, DAMAGE OR LOSS RELATING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY TO ANY ACTION OR INACTION YOU TAKE BASED ON THE INFORMATION, SERVICES OR OTHER MATERIAL ON THIS SITE. YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS SUBJECT TO THE ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMERS AND CAVEATS THAT MAY APPEAR THROUGHOUT THE WEBSITE.
Limitation of Liability and Indemnity
23. Under no circumstances is Universal Soul liable for any Content, including, without limitation: any infringing Content, any errors or omissions in the Content, or for any loss or damage including, without limitation, direct, indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages, resulting from or caused by the Website or by its Content including, without limitation, losses related to the use or inability to use this website, any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation of transmission, computer virus, or line failure even in the event of negligence and/or even if Universal Soul has been advised of the possibility of such losses.
24. You agree to hold Universal Soul and its parent, affiliates and subsidiaries and their respective officers, directors and employees harmless from all claims arising out of or related to your access or use of, or out of your inability to access or to use, the Website, the Content or other websites to which this website is linked.
26. When you place an order for a service, it will be delivered based upon its classification:
a. Immediate Delivery. If you place an order for a service with immediate delivery, the service will be delivered immediately upon completion of purchase. Some services are virtual while others may be augmented by a multi-media experience involving video, files, images, audio recordings or other digital or electronic formats for a multi-media experience, audibly, visually or other.
b. Delivery at scheduled times or days. services offered during the event will be offered at specific times during the event and during the follow-up sessions. All services are delivered remotely and your attendance to the live sessions is not required to receive them.
c. Courses by Tao Academy. The delivery and cancellation of the courses delivered by Tao Academy follow the specific course policy available at the time of the registration.
27. We can ship to many different locations around the world. If your country does not appear in the destination at the time of the check out, please send us an email and write “Shipping Question” in the subject line. We will be happy to answer any shipping questions you might have.
28. General. Subject to sections 28 through 35, you may return new, unopened products purchased from us within 7 days of delivery for a full refund. Products should be returned in their original packaging unused and unmarked. Shipping fees, duties, and taxes will not be refunded. You are responsible for all costs required to return the product.
29. Event Registration. You may cancel your registration for an in-person or online event that we produce (e.g., workshops, retreats, etc.) up to 30 days prior to the start of the event. If you registered for an event that is fulfilled by a third-party (including but not limited to Tao Acadamy), any cancellation or refund will be governed by such party’s terms and conditions. We encourage you to review all applicable terms and conditions prior to making a purchase.
30. Event Cancellation by Us. If we cancel an event that we produce, we will attempt to make alternative arrangements to hold the event, failing which a full refund will be made available following cancellation. If an event that is fulfilled by a third-party is cancelled, any cancellation or refund will be governed by such party’s terms and conditions. We encourage you to review all applicable terms and conditions prior to making a purchase.
31. Non-Refundable Items. The following items are non-refundable: any product not returned to us in the condition it was received; digital products downloaded from the Website; product without a serial number or UPC; spiritual scents; custom or special orders; gift certificates, clearance items; products sold onsite at events or at physical point of sale; video on demand and online programs.
32. Packing and Sending Us Your Return. When you are returning a product, please include the following: a copy of the order and shipping note included in the original packing; and a printed copy of the return note filled online. If you return a product in its original shipping box, please ensure your name and address are clearly indicated for identification purposes. Requests for returns and refunds that do not comply with this section will not be accepted.
33. Return Process. In most cases, we will issue a refund in the same form of payment originally used for the purchase within 3 to 7 business days of our receiving and approving your return. You will receive confirmation of your refund from our webstore once we have received and processed the returned product(s). If the refund does not appear in your account within four weeks from the day that you sent us your return, please contact us for further assistance. Please write “Processing of Refunds” in the subject line to help us respond more quickly.
34. Failed Delivery. If our carrier notifies us that the product could not be delivered as a result of an incorrect address or was not accepted by the recipient, the product will be returned to our warehouse. Upon our reception of the product in original condition, you will be refunded for the product value minus any duties, taxes, and applicable fees charged by the carrier or otherwise.
35. Subscriptions. Subscriptions and membership are paid at the start of the service term, usually monthly. Unless specifically indicated in the program description, subscription services can be cancelled at any time. The cancellation will be effective for the next billing cycle. No refund will be issued for any past or the current month.
36. Non-Fungible Tokens (“NFTs”). NFTs issued by our partners follow the terms of services of the platforms used by our partners to mint and transfer the NFTs and the partners specific terms and conditions. We encourage you to review all applicable terms and conditions prior to making a purchase of any NFT.
37. The laws of the Province of Ontario, without regard to the principles of conflicts of laws, apply to all matters arising from or relating to use of this website. The courts of the Courts of the Province of Ontario shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising from or relating to the use of this website.
38. In the event that any provision of these Terms of Service is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms of Service, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
39. Any claim, dispute or controversy arising out of, relating to or concerning this Site and/or this agreement shall be decided by binding arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration Act, 1991 and any such arbitration proceedings shall be brought and held in Toronto, Ontario. The decisions of the arbitrators shall be binding and conclusive upon all parties involved and judgement upon any award of the arbitrators may be entered by any court having competent jurisdiction. This provision shall be specifically enforceable in any court of competent jurisdiction.
Contact Information, Access, and Inquiries